Happy Homemaker: I wish I were a Lion

Friday, November 7, 2014

I wish I were a Lion

   

 This book is not at all what you would expect it to be. In some ways that is great, and in others, it is a literary fail. It has such potential to be a great book-to make children think and imagine. And had it continued with the theme on the cover it would have made much more sense. Some of the writing made no sense at all- "I could enjoy with my cubs" for instance. It leaves you to wonder what exactly they are enjoying. To top it off, it does not stay with the same theme of "I could" or "I would" and goes from first person to third and from a first person experience to a fact plainly stated. The facts are accurate and good, but the way they were presented was half hazard at best.

 None the less, my children did enjoy the pictures of the bears and the book itself. I did feel it would have fit better to have a few pictures of the fox along with the bear since the only place the fox is spotted is the cover, but my children didn't seem to really notice at all. The facts presented make this book great for introducing children to lions and providing facts that may not have otherwise been introduced. We did learn quite a lot from this book and for that it was definitely a good book. This book would be best for those who don't yet reading or who don't understand the concept of "I would rather be this than that".  

  Product Description:
 This is Bross. Bross is a FOX. He is 7 years old. But Bross doesn't want to be a FOX . He would prefer to be a LION. He wants to have all the advantages that LION have. So, let’s join him on his dream. Great book for Kids  

 Where to Purchase:
  Children Book : I Wish I Were a LION (Great Picture Book for KIDS) Lion Books (Age 4 - 11) (Animal Habitats and Books for Early/Beginner Readers 8)      


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.