Happy Homemaker: Dr. Song Rosehip Oil

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Dr. Song Rosehip Oil

4066c1360d9ed65a9717610d8d0f2fd50a43a1b7

 Rosehip Oil can be used in so many ways. It can be used to stimulate nail growth and care for our cuticles, to keep our skin soft and smooth by adding it to masks, lotions, and even body washes. It can be used to keep dandruff or flake free and also restore hair keeping it soft and frizz free by adding it to shampoo/conditioner, making a home made hair mask, over night treatment, or as a daily hair treatment (Add a small-very small-amount to hair after washing before drying, or to tame frizz between showers.) It is known to help rid feet of nail fungus , help heal wounds and diminish scars, stretch marks, and cellulite, soothe sunburn, and much, much more.

I have tried MANY Rose hip oils, but thus far, Dr. Song is the highest quality, most cost effective rose hip on the market. At just $14.99 I felt like I was getting my moneys worth with the large 4oz bottle that was sent (most companies offer only 1-2 oz bottles for about the same price). It didn't have an over powering, weird smell like some rose hips I've tried have and it absorbs really fast making it an ideal oil to use when in a hurry. I have been using this oil for a few weeks now and the benefits of using this oil can not be over stated and there being TONS of ways to use it, it is bound to be an oil to keep on hand to use in a myriad of ways. I have added this oil to my conditioner, and it has greatly decreased the amount of flakes I have simply because the skin on my scalp is hydrated and healthy.


I also have used it as a serum on my face and added it to my face lotion to fight the signs of aging, pamper my skin, and offer extra hydration. (I found that if I don't use moisturizer or a good oil on my face my combination skin produces way too much oil and get a greasy face by noon...) It has done wonders for my skin. I use it on my whole body in my body wash and lotion and it leaves my skin soft and smooth. I love it! It doesn't make me feel greasy or oily, yet I am soft and touchable.

 I use it on my nails daily just by adding a drop to my cuticle area daily and rub it into my nails and the skin around my nails and my cuticles have never been healthier and even if I have worn nail polish for a few weeks my nails don't dry out and they are stronger than they've ever been before. I use it in the morning and night if I've worn fake nails and want to restore them from any damage done when the nails came off or were taken off.

I think my favorite part of this oil is the results I've gotten from using it on my stretch marks. I got terrible stretch marks when I was pregnant with my daughter, and it only has gotten worse with each child I've had. With consistent use of my Dr. Song Rosehip oil I have begun to see my stretch marks diminish and lighten and the skin around them feels and looks so much healthier. It even got rid of a scar I had gotten as a child that has been there for as long as I remember. I love how diverse this oil is and how many ways it can be used, and also how effective it is. I can't wait to see how many other ways it can be used and see the continued results!


 DIY with Rosehip Oil: 

  Two of my favorite "recipes" that I use to DIY with Rosehip Oil are below. The first is a DIY anti-wrinkle cream. I use it to prevent aging, but it can also be used to help fill in and heal wrinkles or fine lines that are already showing. The second is a cleanser/mask made with rosehip oil. It is great for those with sensitive skin, like myself, and really pampers and cares for facial skin in a way that other masks or cleansers filled with chemicals can not. Try them out if you would like and enjoy!  

Anti-Wrinkle Cream*: 
  Ingredients:
 x 2 tsp Jojoba Oil
 x 1 tsp Coconut Oil
 x 3 tsp Apricot Kernel Oil
 x 3 tsp Rosehip Oil
 x 1.5 tsp Beeswax Pastilles
 x 6-10 tsp Rose Water

 Directions: Place beeswax, jojoba, coconut, rosehip and essential oils (basically everything besides the rose water!) in a double boiler or right in a stainless steel pan (keep your pans separate). Heat on low very gently to melt wax about 5-8 minutes. Stir well. After you you remove the ingredients from the stove (I let mine cool for a few minutes because it can be really hot.) Place in blender (be careful bc this can be very tough to clean out after). Add in the rose water a little bit at a time (through the top of the blender). Pulse the blender a few times and you will have a nice fluffy cream. Remember the cleanup can be MESSY! Still worth it though.  


Cleanser/Mask*:
Ingredients:
  • 1/3c. oatmeal
  • 2 tbsp. dried lavender buds
  • 2 tbsp. dried rose petals
  • 1/3c. bentonite clay
  • 5 drops lavender essential oil
  • 3 drops rosehip seed oil
Combine the oatmeal, lavender, and rose petals in a clean coffee grinder and grind into a powder. Combine with clay in small bowl, then drop in the essential oils. Mix thoroughly (I like to use a whisk) to evenly distribute the oils all throughout the powder. Package the finished powder in individual jars or bags for gifting. No refrigeration is required, but it should be stored in a cool, dry cupboard and used within 6 months for maximum freshness.  
As a Cleanser Place 1-2 tsp of the powdered cleanser into the palm of your hand, and sprinkle in water (I use some milk if my skin is feeling dry) and work into a spreadable paste. Apply the entire mixture to cover the face, throat, and décolleté, massaging in a circular motion. Rinse with warm water.
 As a Mask Follow the same directions as above, but gently spread the paste across your cleansed skin and let sit for 10-15 mins, or until mask completely dries. Rinse with warm water.  


 Product Description:
  • 100% Pure rosehip oil
  • USDA Certified organic
  • Coldpressed and specially processed for cosmetic use
  • Bottled in glass and comes with a no hassle 365 day money back guarantee!! You don't even have to return the bottle!
Dr Song Medical is a medical cosmetic laboratory that originally manufactured products for professionals, doctors, and medical facilities. Dr Song Medical products are made in the USA and is FDA compliant and a provider of professional products. 100% Pure USDA Certified Organic Virgin Rosehip Seed Oil This oil is extracted from rose bush seeds, using a special process to preserve its natural cosmetic qualities, which includes containing high amounts of essential fatty acids, particularly linoleic and linolenic. A all natural luxurious and lightweight moisturizer. Quickly absorbs and deeply penetrates to heal, nourish and hydrate. Also used topically for wrinkles, scars, stretch marks, rashes, burns, acne scars, dry skin, dermatitis, age spots, brittle nails, psoriasis, eczema, hyper-pigmentation, radiation and sun damage, dry & damaged hair, anti-inflammatory.    


Where to Purchase: Dr Song Rosehip Oil 4oz (4 oz)  


 
*As found at: http://greenbootliving.com/2012/04/20/homemade-anti-wrinkle-cream/ and http://www.mommypotamus.com/gentle-cleanser-and-mask-for-sensitive-skin/
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.