Happy Homemaker: Comfort Shield Terry Crib Mattress Protector

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Comfort Shield Terry Crib Mattress Protector

e782872dbdb54fbc452d8991cd74627d49a0a23f  

The Comfort Shield Terry Crib Mattress Protector is my favorite protector for my son's crib so far! My older son (almost 4) still uses a toddler bed that fits a crib mattress and is night time potty training still, so I plan to get one for him as well! It fits on the mattress just like a sheet does and doesn't slip or slide around which is very handy because my son is a squiggler in bed. I, like others who have reviewed this protector recommend getting an extra to use in the case there is a middle of the night leak or wet bed and you need to change it before putting them snuggly back into their crib/bed.

 This crib mattress protector is made with terry cloth making it feel a lot like the receiving blankets given out in the hospital for swaddling, so even if I don't put a sheet over it, I have found it works great for my son and he feels comfy and relaxed sleeping with that between him and the mattress. (plus it saves having to wash the sheets too!) It is extremely absorbent, my son often leaks at night and it's an extremely wet occurance (known because he sometimes ends up in bed with me....) and with the Comfort Shield protector, his mattress stays dry and clean. I don't have to clean down the mattress after he leaks and I can put on a new one or just change his sheets and put him back to bed.

The protector is easy to clean, just put it in with the normal wash and wash it. Although it can be put in the dryer, I always prefer to hang my clothes to dry, so that's what I do and it always seems to dry faster than our other laundry. It stays soft and pliable and goes back onto the mattress as if nothing had ever happened the night before. I love how affordable this protector is. If there is ever a need to replace a cover or get another one, it's only $14.99 so I don't have to feel guilty and it works extremely well making it competition for those more expensive covers. (some are upwards of $40 or more!)

For anyone with a toddler, baby, or night time potty training child who is in a crib or toddler bed, the Comfort Shield Terry Crib Mattress Protector is definitely worth the money and will save you having to buy a new mattress or spending oodles of money on other protectors that may not work as well.    

Product Description:
Our Comfort Shield crib mattress protector is made with a super absorbent terry surface and a breathable polyurethane backing. Providing a comfortable, quiet surface while protecting the mattress from leaks or soiling. Includes expandable knit contoured skirt and dust mite protective barrier. - Waterproof yet breathable polyurethane backing, soft and quiet - Absorbent terrycloth surface - 10 year guarantee - Dust mite protection barrier - Expandable knit contoured skirt


  Where to Purchase: Comfort Shield Terry Crib Mattress Protector with Spill Block ,28"x52"      




 I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.