Happy Homemaker: Animal Tails

Friday, October 24, 2014

Animal Tails

986eebc05e9508b260f2695757e9cb258b5b4c33


 Everything you need to know about tails will be found in this book! Okay, so not EVERYTHING, but so much it will feel like everything. While some found this book to have too narrow a focus, I think that the narrow focus was the whole point. I did find there were quite a lot of grammar issues, but with my daughter not reading for herself fully yet I could easily fix the grammar as I read and she didn't know the difference. The grammatical errors noted, this isn't a book I would let my daughter read alone, because I do want to teach her proper grammar.

 Grammar aside, this book is jam packed with great information and lots of colorful pictures all about tails. It explains the different uses of tails from helping the kangaroo jump to helping penguins keep balance while walking and helping other animals climb trees. It also explains the "detachable" tail and how important that is for life preservation and escaping danger. My kids enjoyed sitting around my Kindle reading this book and looking at the beautiful illustrations in the book. At points it was a little boring, but with curious kids like mine it was easy to make it interesting by taking breaks and discovering things through the pictures or discussing something like what it would be like to use a tail for warmth in winter or to have a tail that could fall off when we needed it to in order to stay safe etc.

 I find that this book at 24 pages is perfect for kids of my children's ages (2-6) and it was very educational. As a home school parent I love any opportunity to feed my kids' brains. (and this really does!) It is an easy to read book and one my kids ask to read very often during school time or at bed time as well. I love the ability to get this special quality time with them, enjoy a moment and have fun, and also feed their minds and teach them something new. Overall Dan Jackson writes great children's books and my kids love them, so I'm sure many, many others will too!


  Product Description:

 Animals Tails is not "JUST" a Book. It's really a good book. This book describes animals and what they do with their tails. Join us and meet the Elephant, Giraffe, Fox, Cats and more. The book is a great book for kids to read alone or with their parents. The book contains great animals tails pictures. Great book for KIDS Thank you Julia for writing this :

"One of my kids' favorite time of day is story time right before bed. Every night, we snuggle up in my bed and read at least three stories. Sometimes we read stories about super heroes, sometimes we read stories about princesses, and sometimes we read educational books. My kids love it all. Reading has been a huge part of their life since they were born and I really believe that it has helped them develop their language, stimulate their imagination and boost their creativity.

The other day I was given a free promotional copy of the book Animal Tails by Dan Jackson. It was an ebook, so we got to read it on the ipad, which my kids are huge fans of. The book is really great. Each page is a nice quality picture of a different animals' tail, with some text about the purpose of their tail for their species. It is clearly written and both my kids ages 4 and 2 understood it and were very interested in it. I loved that it was educational, yet interesting and I even learned some things that I didn't know. I would highly recommend this book to anyone looking for some educational reading for their kids.  

Animals Tails is not "JUST" a Book. It's really a good book.

    Where to Purchase:

Children Picture Book : Animals Tails (Great Book for KIDS) (Great Bedtime Story) (Animal Habitats and Books for Early/Beginner Readers 1)    


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.