Happy Homemaker: Off Balance, The American Way of Health

Monday, September 15, 2014

Off Balance, The American Way of Health

4046a4b116b9f257ed41e5666bad034f7db5d385

 I have mixed feelings about this book. It had some great points about how some doctors, pharmaceutical companies, and pharmacists operate as far as offering specific medications etc that we may or may not actually need. I have even seen in my own personal life where some doctors and nurses blindly prescribe a medicine hoping it will help the issue without even finding out what the problem actually is. At the same time, I was a bit surprised at the biased stance a "healthcare professional" took as far as his stance on health care and pharmaceuticals. The sources weren't the best I have ever seen and it wasn't a very easy book to read.

 I don't think this was an entirely useless book-it did touch on a couple good topics and give some great natural healthcare tips that can be used, it just wasn't my favorite book or one I would read by choice a second time around. It is a good book if you are looking for another point of view on medications and healthcare-I do agree with much of what Dr. Ali talked about, I just felt is was presented in a one sided, poorly sited way.    

Book Description:

In Off Balance, The American Way of Health, author and pharmacist Dr. Leyla Ali's shares her unique perspective of a failing healthcare system in a colorful and easy-to-read format. After reading this book, Dr. Leyla hopes the reader will not only understand the limitations of doctors and drugs, but also take responsibility for their own health and start seeking holistic and alternative solutions for their own healthcare needs. Includes: • Explanation of how drugs really work to only suppress symptoms, and create long-term customers. • Interviews with several individuals who have healed themselves from various health conditions including pain, toxicities, eating disorders, Tourette Syndrome, neuropathy, and cancer. • Interviews with practitioners who have unique viewpoints, such as an Ayurvedic Medicine Practitioner, a Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner, and a Medical Anthropologist  

Where to Purchase: Off Balance, the American Way of Health, a Pharmacist's Perspective on Why Drugs Don't Work  

 I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.