Happy Homemaker: Scensibles Bags

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Scensibles Bags

Ladies, this one is for you. We need to talk. I mean-we really need to talk. Having been in the housekeeping profession at one point in time, I am aware of an issue that many ladies probably have never considered. Now, I'm sure it has maybe crossed the mind at least once-because I have been in a bathroom so scarey, I held it for another two hours until we found one that wasn't so-well-over run. Over run by what? You may ask. Well, I shall tell you what-but the truth is ugly, smelly, and very unsavory.

You've probably seen it-those trash receptacle for personal/feminine products filled to the brim, pads hanging out and used tampon strings dangling. (though I am not sure why-tampons flush ladies! I mean, c'mon! ) It can be tricky finding a "discreet" way to dispose of such products. There is always the method of toilet paper wrapping or putting them in a new products wrapper to dispose. But those methods don't address the impending stench (especially if a restroom is isn't cleaned regularly) or the space it can take to throw it away after that. (those metal boxes are only so big!)
 IMG_5860 - Version 2
Well, there is now a solution! Scensibles bags are the sensible (ha-see what I did there?) way to dispose of personal and feminine products while keeping inorganic products out of the lakes, rivers, and oceans. They are small and fit in any place like purse, clutch, bathroom drawer, car-anywhere. I love them because as someone who had to clean out those "shiny rectangle boxes" on the wall of the bathroom stall, I know how gross it can get in there. All the toilet paper and wrapping of feminine products in the world do not cover the smell-and people miss those small brown bags in there all the time.  I know when I use Scensibles bags for my products I am saving some other person from having to deal with that-at least as far as I am concerned.

IMG_5795 - Version 2
 They aren't only good for when you go out, though. They are also great for at home-especially if you have pets or keep your trash outside for a couple weeks at a time (given you don't have weekly pick up) or to keep the smell to the bag instead of the whole bathroom. With scensibles bags you won't have to waste a bunch of TP to wrap products in or flush tampons (which is a great septic filler-it is a no go with the plumber!) and no one else will be forced to see things they wish that they hadn't... These bags are great because they can fit anything from personal wipes to bladder control pads (which are pretty thick) and have an embedded scent to keep the smell from permeating through the bag. They come in packs of 50 or in a set of ten travel packs ( with 3 bags in each pack-total of 30 bags) which both are discreet and fit in any space. I keep mine in my bathroom drawer at home and keep a couple of bags in my purse to use in a jiffy.

I absolutely love these bags-and though I made jokes above about smelly bathrooms and dirty spaces, the truth is those things are a serious problem. Germs can be picked up and bathrooms can be over run by smells and be pretty unmentionable. Scensible bags put power in our hands to take care of our environment, keep our bathrooms clean, avoid an embarrassing moment (think at the gym, outdoors, visiting someone else's home etc) They have easy tie handles and have an adorable pink flower print which helps them mask the contents inside.  They are a must have in my house/purse and a great way to think of others and avoid embarrassing situations. I definitely recommend checking them out!

IMG_5833 - Version 2


Product Description:
SCENSIBLES are specially designed scented personal-size oxo-biodegradable plastic bags for clean, easy, discreet disposal of feminine care products: sanitary pads, tampons, panty liners, personal wipes and bladder control pads.
Stylish opaque pink on pink flower pattern helps
to mask the product inside
Embedded with a pleasant fresh fragrance and antimicrobial
additive to reduce odors
Simple to use-tie handles to conceal waste and toss in the trash
A trouble-free alternative to flushing products down the toilet
to avoid expensive plumbing repairs
Makes disposal less of a concern in school, work, at friends’ and home
Eases concerns of contact with germ-infested stall receptacles
in public restrooms
Eliminates the need to wrap products in extra toilet paper or tissue
Perfect solution for travel and all outdoor adventures
Keeps inorganic waste out of wastewater stream and lakes, rivers and oceans
Helps avoid pets rummaging through the garbage
High density poly, 1 ml thick
3 3/8” x 9 ¾” x  2” gussetAward winning packaging with bright colors, simple stripes and contemporary flowers contains 50 interleaved bags for easy one-bag dispensing from the removable center perforation. Travel packs available with 3 bags in each.
 
 
Where to Buy:
Scensibles Personal Disposal Bags for Sanitary Pads and Tampons
http://www.scensiblesbags.com/
or
Your Local Wegmans Store (found in 50 pack boxes only)


 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJwQFvqakog
 
 
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.