Happy Homemaker: Heal and Restore with Emu Oil

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Heal and Restore with Emu Oil

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

 

  If you have followed and read my blog, you know we have talked a lot about different healing serums, oils, masks, and even shampoos. But Emu oil is in a category all it's own. It doesn't just moisturize or even skin tone or anything like that. It also restores, heals, and protects skin and hair. Emu oil, derived from the fatty tissue of the Emu bird, is proven to do a myriad of things for skin and hair.

Among these are:
  • It is a known anti-inflammatory and can be used to aid in arthritis relief
  • Can be used to reduce swelling
  • Is proven to diminish wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots
  • Has been used to treat stretch marks and scars
  • Aids in the healing process and is shown to relieve pain and inflammation caused by minor cuts and scrapes
  • Acts as a therapeutic, moisturizing balm to reduce the itching, redness, cracking, peeling and scaling associated with many stubborn skin conditions. (Eczema/psoriasis)
  • It fortifies limp dry hair and helps to eliminate split ends and restores a natural healthy shine to the hair.
  • In some cases it has been said to help hair regrowth
  • Can be used as a massage oil on chronic injuries to help cut the healing time to almost half
  • Has been found effective in the treatment of burns (1st + 2nd degree, sunburn, and radiation). It has been said to alleviate pain and minimize scarring/blistering
  • It has also been proven to treat nail/toenail fungus and dry, cracked skin


  Emu does all this and does it well. To use it is super easy, just apply it once or twice a day to the affected area and the oil does the rest! I have even used it for diaper rash! I just put it on my son after his change and by the end of the day his rash was completely gone with absolutely no side affects! It is a true super oil! It can be used as a moisturizer, serum, hair treatment, can be used to aid with dandruff, eczema, or psoriasis, or even as a healer of burns, scrapes, and scars. A known anti-aging oil, it is also great for use as an anti-aging serum.

 

 As promised, I am going to share with you yet another great Insta Natural Product. Their Emu Oil is 100% Pure and Ultra Premium. I have not used it in many different ways yet-there are so many options, but I have used it for my sons toe nails, sun burn, and my bad knee. Since he's only three, I am sure my son won't "hate" me too much for sharing with you that he has some vitamin deficient toe nails. They get thick and hard to cut and are of a yellow tint.

While reading through the different ways to use Emu oil, I stumbled upon a testimonial about a woman who had suffered from toe fungus for years. She talked about how she had used emu oil twice a day and how after a while the fungus went away completely, her nails softened, and their shape went back to normal (opposed to scraggly). I decided it was a better time than any to try this since I am, after all, the one who cuts his nails for now. So, after washing his feet, I have applied emu oil to his toes each morning before dressing him and at night before bed. So far the results have been great! His nails seem to be softening and they are losing the yellow tint that fungus can cause. They don't smell so bad either. (which is a total plus!)

 I have also used Emu Oil for my kids' sun burns. My kids are, unfortunately, allergic to most sun screens. On top of that, research has shown that some sunscreens can cause the skin cancer they are created to prevent. Anyways, I digress. Last weekend my kids spent a ton of time outside for the Memorial Day weekend. It was pretty hot, and we kept hydrated, cooled off inside, and stuck to the shade as much as possible-but my kids are all under 6, so keeping them in one place for any amount of time is pretty hard. At the end of the day, my kids were all pretty burnt, not bad enough to hurt, but enough that anyone looking at them would assume it did hurt. (I have very tough kids...)

At the end of the day before bed, my youngest was already asleep so we just laid him in bed and let him stay asleep, but the older two were still quite energetic. I had read about how emu oil aids in the healing and diminishing of pain from minor burns, so I decided to give it a try for my kids. (because let's face it-when a burn sits over night, it hurts more the next day-at least mine usually do) I used a small amount on my oldest and a more moderate amount on my middle child because his seemed to be worse. (turns out, it wasn't...). The next morning, all signs of my sons burn were gone, my daughter was barely pink, and my youngest, who spent the least time outside, and most time inside, was the most burnt of the three of them.

The way I have used my 100% Pure Emu Oil from Insta Naturals has been for my knee. I tend to suffer from knee pain and inflammation. I have used it once a day for the last two weeks and have not suffered any knee pain or swelling at all. I have even been able to walk and run without it bothering my knee or causing an issue. I love it-my knee hasn't felt this good since I was in middle school. I injured my knee in high school and just "powered through" which in hind sight seems like a terrible mistake, but it has bothered me ever since. When it rains, when the seasons change, or when I exude too much effort in my walking/running...My knee feels it all. Or at least, it did. Now, I can do whatever I would like without my knee bothering me, and now, I don't know if it is going to rain without looking out the window. (I almost miss that)

   

 With all of it's benefits, 100% Pure Ultra Premium Emu Oil is just what you need to treat any skin or hair issue you are dealing with. You can use it as an overnight treatment for dry scalp and brittle hair, a cuticle treatment, or facial serum. You can also use it for your achy back, joints, ligaments, or cuts/minor burns. I am actually planning to use it on my cellulite and stretch marks to see how well it works on those. (maybe another blog post? We shall see!) It is a high quality oil and great for so many things. Although it is not vegan/vegetarian as other serums/oils I have written on, it has qualities other serums and oils can not compare to-which is why it is just too good not to share!

I highly recommend it to anyone with pain or to use as a general moisturizer or after-sun treatment. It's healing and restoring qualities just can not be ignored or understated. If you are looking for any more information on Emu oil-check out Google. The results are pretty limitless and there is just way too much to put into one blog post. As always, Insta Natural has formulated a pure and high quality product that is good for any skin type and hypo-allergenic making it great for any age, skin type, and ailment. I highly recommend running over and picking it up-there is nothing to lose with their 100% 100 day money back guarantee!


  Product Description:

  Finally...The Ultimate Solution For Your Beautiful Face, Skin & Hair   Give your skin and hair everything that it has been craving for!
 • MOISTURIZING BENEFITS: No more dryness. Get a soft, smooth skin naturally.
 • YOUTHFUL APPEARANCE: Improve skin issues that develop with age. • EVEN SKIN TONE: Reduce marks to achieve an even, radiant, clear skin.
• IMPROVED SKIN TEXTURE: Get a plump skin full of health. • HAIR HEALTH AND GROWTH: Achieve complete hair care. Get soft, shiny hair, reduce split ends, and boost hair growth. Experience the CALMING and SOOTHING effects of InstaNatural Emu Oil!
 • Soothes minor inflammation. • Reduces dryness related to various skin conditions.
• Calms itching on skin.  
100% Satisfaction Guarantee! 100 Days Easy Money Back Policy. If you're not completely satisfied, keep the bottle (it's on us) + get a full refund. So buy with confidence!

Do you have dry skin or dry brittle hair? Emu Oil has MANY benefits. Emu oil can help to restore skin elasticity, which is helpful for stretch marks, acne and smoothing wrinkles. Its anti-inflammatory, hypo-allergenic, non-pore irritating properties make pure emu oil great skin moisturizers. It is safe, gentle and won't irritate the skin or clog pores. Another great application of emu oil is for hair and scalp health. The fatty acids in emu oil make it ideal for dry hair and scalp issues. Emu oil’s natural deep moisturizing properties along with added botanical oils like rosemary oil can even help promote hair growth. This combination of emu oil with pure essential oils also leave hair soft, shiny, silky and full of body.

 Where to Buy:
  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JX979CQ/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1   

 I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.