Happy Homemaker: Homemakers Friend-Daily Planner

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Homemakers Friend-Daily Planner

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.
  
I love lists. In fact, I live by them-I'm sure I've told you that before. I don't know why, but if I don't have a list to check off and go by, nothing gets done. It can be so hard to keep track sometimes-I mean, I keep lists of lists and nothing has ever been in one place. That is-until a special little planner walked, or was shipped into my life

.

The 2014 and 2015 Daily Planners are such useful tools-and they keep everything from appointments to the grocery list and contacts all in one place. This pretty little planner has made it easy to write a list about a list, about a list, on top of a list all in one place.



Although I haven't had the opportunity to use the 2015 calendar yet (for some obvious reasons) I have found that used with my Mommy Planner (which has turned into primarily a schedule keeper for school time with Ella) this Planner has become a daily staple and what keeps me on track and all my appointments organized. I don't have to wonder when something is happening now, I know because I write it into my planner as soon as I find out. It's big enough that I don't need to squint when I read and it's compact enough it fits in my medium sized purse so I can take it with me. (it will also fit in most glove compartments. Voila! Planner on the go! :) )  


   

Not only is this planner useful-but it has a lot of great features. The first that is easy to note is the calendars and planning tools it offers. The most obvious of these are the Monthy and Yearly Calendars and the Weekly planning tool. All have easy tabs that are scattered so each section is easy to find and they all have beautiful, cheerful pictures. Each also has an inspirational quote or scripture to reflect on each time you open to that particular section.

The yearly calendar section makes it easy to record birthday's life events, anniversaries etc all in once place so you never have to forget another birthday or important date ever again. The Monthly calendar is great for writing down that months birthday's appointments, meetings, calls that need to be made, or whatever you need to record in that particular section. I write all birthdays for each month and appointments here first so I won't forget and then when I plan my week out I add those events to the designated days.


Above is a look at the weekly planner. It gives a space to list tasks that need to get done that week (or goals you have of tasks you'd like to see done) and a space large enough for each day that you can make a good game plan and also list appointments and engagements in it. It also offers a place to list the meal for that day. Each week offers a verse to reflect on throughout the week and a quick view of the month you are in so you don't have to flip around looking for it when making plans.

I love this section because it feeds my need to plan and to make lists about lists. For example-say I want to make a list about cleaning my room, but I'd like to break it down into daily tasks and goals-I can write "Get room clean" in the Tasks section, then each day make a "list" of which tasks I would like to, 0r need to, get done in order to meet that goal set for the week. It keeps me organized and saves me time because everything I need is right there in front of me for the whole week so I know exactly what I am facing or why I can't "put it off" til tomorrow.


Although it already offers a "Tasks" spot in the weekly planner, the Daily Planner also dons a decently sized "Tasks List" section. This is great for when you need to get a larger job done or have a larger goal to meet and need to put together a more extensive game plan. I used this section to make a game plan to clean/organize the whole house and then used this game plan to put together a daily plan that I wrote down in my weekly planner on the designated days. It really came in handy and it made it easier to see what I had gotten done, how far I'd come, and just what I really had left to get done.


As I stated above, each section has an inspirational quote or scripture verse to think on during the day or each time you see it. It has been great because it has been an awesome reminder of who I ultimately do everything I do for and who it is I aim to please and it has also made it harder to have a "bad attitude" about the tasks I have to do because it places my focus upward not inward.

Not pictured for you is four more great sections-the Info section, Shopping section, Projects section, and Events Section . The Info Section makes it easy to keep all your contacts in one place. It gives a space for names, addresses, emails, and phone numbers so you won't have to flip through the phone book or search your cell phone for the number-it will be right at your finger tips.

The Shopping section is another great tool. It has one page designated just for store phone numbers so if you need help, forget a bag of groceries, or have to ask a question, you can have their number right with everything else-no Google needed! The rest of the section is pages split in half and lined so you can take the meal plan from the weekly planner and write down the groceries you'll need to make it happen and add the snack foods/staples you'd like to add to your pantry as well. (it all falls into place with the daily meal option and shopping list! :) )
 
The Projects section is great for planning projects like home improvement, artwork, building something-anything your heart desires and the events section keeps all your events listed in one place and organized so you never miss another baby shower, charity event, or wedding again.



Product Description:
Features
Weekly Layout
  • Two-page spread with entries for each day
  • Menu planning
  • To-do list
Monthly Calendar
  • Two-page month view
Year Calendars
  • 2015 and 2016 calendars with place for notations (or 2014-2015 for the 2014 calendar)
Shopping List
  • Perforated shopping list
Task List and Project & Events Sections
  • Untitled pages for you to customize for your own duties and ideas
Information
  • Short-term information that is relevant to 2015 (or 2014-the 2014 calendar)
This planner was created for moms/homemakers on the go to help organize and simplify their life and I have to say-it really does! It keeps everything I need all in once place and covers all the bases-even ones I wouldn't have expected from a planner. I absolutely love and recommend this planner!


Where to Buy: 

You can buy the 2014 calendar for $6.99 or the 2015 calendar for $13.99 (plus $3 shipping) separately here:

http://www.homemakersfriend.com/index.html

OR

Get both for just $17.99 plus $3 shipping (a $27.98 value!) here:

http://www.homemakersfriend.com/deals.html


    I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.