Happy Homemaker: Boots Botanics Ionic Clay Mask #powerofplants

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Boots Botanics Ionic Clay Mask #powerofplants

So many of you know about three weeks ago I received a VoxBox from Influenster. I have loved every aspect of it since getting it-but today I’m going to tell you about one of my favorite products that came-Boots Botanics Ionic Clay Mask. (found at http://us.boots.com/product/39907 at $9.39 for 3.5 fl oz) When I got it-you may remember seeing a picture like this one:


Image


It is an amazing facial product, it comes in a 3.5 fl oz bottle which will last an extremely long time because it doesn’t take much at all to cover your face. As it dries it actively works to remove impurities and deeply cleanse your skin. When I use it, I can feel it pulling out impurities, but it never leaves my skin dry or lacking nutrients. I always feel soft and smooth after using it. Another benefit, is it is only recommended to use it once a week, which means it will last even longer because you won’t be using it often. (a lot of masks are twice a week to every other day-so this is perfect!) It doesn’t take long to dry, which is great if you don’t have a lot of time, and you only let it sit for 10 minutes or so. If you can’t take it off right at 10 minutes, it’s okay.

Ingredients: Sea silt (Natural oceanic clay), Aqua (Water), Potassium sorbate, Sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, Salix nigra (Willow) bark extract

(See that?! ^^^ All organic/natural, plant based ingredients! How great is that??)

Now, I will show you (and explain) how exactly I use Boots Botanics Ionic Clay Mask and show you my skin before and after using the mask.


Image

 Before we start-here is a picture of me before using the mask in the evening. My skin is dull, feels dirty and ready to be washed, and needs a lift.


Image


First I will share with you each product I use, then I will put them in order and explain them all. :)  Here in this picture: Avon Clearskin Blackhead Exfoliating Face Wash,  Avon Clearskin Blackhead Eliminating Astringent, Avon Solutions Eye Creme, Avon Solutions PM Face Lotion, Clean & Clear Morning Glow Moistuizer, and Boots Botanicals Ionic Clay Mask.


Image


To start: I wet my face with a warm wash cloth to open the pores. A good tip is to use outward and upward strokes to wipe away dirt. Then lather the wash (use whatever you prefer-this is just what I choose for me.) again using outward and upward strokes on my face and neck. If your wash doesn’t lather well, just add a small amount of warm water to work the lather better. I rinse with cool or luke warm water and pat dry with a clean towel.


Image


Next comes the Botanical Ionic Clay Mask. I put a small (between a nickel and quarter sized amount) of the mask in my palm to make it easier to use. I apply it on all parts of my face and neck. It only takes a few minutes to dry, but they recommend you let it sit for about 10 minutes. If I can’t take it off right at ten minutes, I just let it sit, it comes off very easily. Once it has set for 10 minutes, I wash it off with warm water. Cold water works as well, but warm water is less harsh. To help close the pores, I recommend cold water, but if you plan to use an astrigent after removing the mask, it isn’t necessary.


Image


Here is a look at what the mask looks like dry on the face. Sorry for the lack of a smile-it is really hard to smile when there’s a clay mask dried on your face ;)


Image


This next step is optional. I prefer it to using cold water, but both accomplish the same thing. Cold water tends to be less harsh as astringent-but astringent has it’s own qualities. Mine in particular works to fight blackheads, which I tend to have an issue with.


Image


Once I have use the astringent, I immediately apply facial lotion. It helps lesson the “burn” that astringent can cause, and it also keeps skin moisturized and soft. Also, many facial moisturizers include spf to help protect skin from the sun. Here you see three. I use the Solutions Plus Total Radiance Eye Creme twice a day, in the morning and evening. I use the Morning Burst (Clean and Clear) in the morning and PM solutions at night. The Morning burst has a 15 spf in it to protect from the sun and the PM solutions works to protect my skin and repair it at night when I am typically at rest. (hopefully ;) )  This particular time using the mask, I used PM solutions because I used it in the evening. Use whatever moisturizer you prefer-but make sure to moisturize! Every skin care regimen should be a three step regimen. (wash, toner/astringent, and moisturizer)
This is my last step. At night I won’t apply anything else. During the day I would apply powder or a primer for added sun protection and to protect my skin from particles in the air. Anyways-what you’ve been waiting for-the after picture.






Image


Here my skin is shiny, clean, moisturized and feels soft, smooth, and healthy. It’s ready for a week of abuse from cleansers, makeup , particles in the air, and anything else that’s thrown my way.


Image 

Here is a better view of the before, after, and in between. I absolutely LOVE this mask and look forward to my 10 minutes of me time each week.  If you would like to know more, or have some feed back-feel free to comment below! I hope this was a useful review for you!

God Bless,
Sarah

I received this product (Boots Botanic Ionic Clay Mask) for free for testing purposes from Influenster.

 <script>
  (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
  (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
  m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
  })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

  ga('create', 'UA-48161439-1', 'mommyreinagratis.blogspot.com');
  ga('send', 'pageview');

</script>